Have Thanksgiving Family Fun Without Killing Each Other
It’s that time again. Thanksgiving, a time dedicated to giving thanks for our loved ones and all that we have been blessed with. Sometimes however, gathering around the Thanksgiving table can be more like an experiment in family relationship “feats of strength”. Between discussions that range everything from the latest political landscape to Rick’s handling of Negan on the Walking Dead, things can turn interesting quickly. Some families have gone so far as to lay down rules of what topics are off limits just to keep the dinnertime peace. Yet Thanksgiving presents a unique opportunity to have the whole family gather together, whether they want to or not, for a few precious hours one time a year. So why not use it to your advantage and enjoy some unique and hard to come by, Thanksgiving family fun time. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Break Out the Board Games. We all love them, while some of us it may only be one time a year, let this be the time. Choose games that allow for as many players as possible. Set up a tradition of keeping score from one year to the next, kind of your own “family hall of fame”. Forget the electronics and go for old fashioned favorites like Monopoly, Yahtzee, Scrabble and Parcheesi; these bring some much-needed nostalgia to the game time.
- Don’t Do It All Yourself. Inspire the family to help with the meal preparations together. Ask for helping setting up the table and chairs. Assign seating arrangements to keep the peace with those who might not get along at the table. Don’t forget to ask for help with the clean up as well.
- Bring on the Football Game. Get the family outside into the fresh air for some flag football. The exercise will inspire fun discussions and tire out hard feelings.
- Gather for Some TV Time. One of the best family activities is having the kids (and adults) take up space on the floor to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade together. After dinner kick off a new holiday tradition by gathering together to watch the first (and favorite) holiday movie of the season.
- Get Out of the House. After the meal is done and dishes are put away go for a walk as a family. Check out a local park. Go find an interesting activity to do like playing an Escape Room Game at Paranoia Quest. The idea is to get out together as a family and have fun!
Looking for an activity to bond your family together this Thanksgiving? How about an Escape Room Game at Paranoia Quest? We have games for everyone from kids to senior adults. Join us and solve an intriguing mystery together, escape a zombie or venture into the world of virtual reality. Book a Room Now!